Canadian financial firms, including Securities Dealers and Mutual Fund Dealers, are subject to IIROC and MFDA rules that require recordkeeping and supervision of all electronic communications — including email, Bloomberg, social media and many more.
This guide is designed to help IIROC Dealer Members, Mutual Fund Dealers and other regulated firms navigate the rules and requirements for electronic communications.
This guide will cover:
- An overview of the SEC rules for record keeping and supervision of electronic communications
- IIROC Rule 29.7, Advertisements, Sales Literature & Correspondence
- IIROC Notice 11-0349, Guidelines for the Review, Supervision and Retention of Advertisements, Sales Literature and Correspondence
- National Instrument 31-103, Registration Requirements, Exemptions and Ongoing Registrant Obligations
- MFDA Rule 2, Business Conduct
- MFDA Rule 5, Books, Records & Reporting
- Who must comply with these rules
- What type of messages must be retained and supervised
- Business Continuity requirements for regulated firms
- How Global Relay solutions address these rules and regulations